The 76ers provided an unexpected and troubling update on the condition of rookie Zhaire Smith Thursday afternoon. Smith apparently had a bad allergic reaction to food and required something called a thoracoscopy. Recovery from the procedure, presumably along with whatever required it in the first place, will keep Smith out for a while. The Merck Manual describes the procedure like this: Although some pulmonologists do pleuroscopy, VATS is done by thoracic surgeons. Both procedures are similar to chest tube insertion; a trocar is inserted into an intercostal space through a skin incision, through which a thoracoscope is inserted. Additional incisions permit the use of video cameras and accessory instruments. I am understanding that to mean that a hole was cut in Smith’s chest and then a little camera was snaked into his abdomen so doctors could have a look around. Apparently something called a “chest tube” is required for a couple days after the procedure, which frankly sounds like something out of a nightmare. This is the second awful health update for Smith since he was drafted—back in early August it was reported that Smith fractured his foot at a Las Vegas developmental camp, and no timetable was set for… Read full this story
- The Top 5 Impact Rookie Fantasy Basketball Players For 2008-2009
- F1 2008 Season Preview
- Daegan Smith's Power Prospecting System (PPS) - MLM Product Review
- Smith Mountain Lake Vacations in the Heat of Summer
- Bruton Smith Defies NASCAR Again - Is There Another Stock Car Series in the Works?
- Van Buren and Fort Smith - Western Portal to Arkansas
- Smith Mountain Lake - Summer's Arrival Calls For Outdoor Living
- Smith Mountain Lake - Treat Your Family To A Natural, Lake Retreat
- Smith Mountain Lake Waterways and Buying Lake Front Property
- Will Smith in I Am Legend - Film Review
- Taking In All That Smith Mountain Lake Waterways Have To Offer
- Hamilton in Pole Position For Drivers Championship As F1 Season Enters Final Lap
Zhaire Smith's Rookie Season Is Already A Total Bummer have 329 words, post on deadspin.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.