Houthi rebels in Yemen seized three boats carrying two South Koreans and 14 others in the Red Sea this week, and all of them have been confirmed to be safe, Seoul’s foreign ministry said Tuesday.The Iran-linked militia captured them and the three vessels — two tugboats and a drilling rig — at 3:50 a.m. (Korea time) on Monday in waters about 15 miles west of Yemen’s Kamaran Island. They were on the way to the Berbera port in Somalia after departing from Jizan, Saudi Arabia.They have been taken to the Salif port in Hodeidah, Yemen, the officials said.The two Koreans were aboard a tugboat and a drilling rig that belong to the South Korean firm Woongjin Development Co. The rebels also seized another tug boat of Saudi Arabian nationality that is chartered by a company of the United Arab Emirates.Reports say that the Houthi rebels claim that the vessels violated their territorial waters.Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, a senior Houthi official, told Reuters that the Yemeni Coast Guard is checking to see whether the seized ship belongs to the countries of aggression or to South Korea, “in which case it will be released after completing legal procedures.”Seoul officials were first informed of… Read full this story
- Houthi Rebels Destroy M1 Abrams Tanks With Basic Iranian Guided Missiles
- Chinese foreign ministry opposing ZTE trade restrictions
- Chinese foreign ministry dismisses ‘Deep Panda’ hacking claims
- Wind may explain Red Sea parting
- China Lands Plane On Growing Man-Made Island Airbase In South China Sea; Now What?
- Red Bull Mechanic Saves Kimi Raikkonen From Being F1 Roadkill
- Yemeni Presidential 747 Destroyed In Fighting At Airport
- Apple Maps reference of Korean Dokdo islets 'unacceptable'
- Japan ministry information reportedly stolen in cyberattack
- DUP threatens to vote against budget if May crosses Brexit red lines
- First Drive: We Figured Out What The Ram Rebel Is By Trying To Kill It
- Putin's Game Of Battleship: The Black Sea Fleet And Why It Matters
Yemeni Houthi rebels capture two Koreans in the Red Sea: Foreign Ministry have 327 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.