BALTIMORE – For eight innings, Bartolo Colon was the story of the game. By the time the Yankees walked off the field after 15 grueling innings, it was hard to remember he had pitched at all. Mariano Rivera blew a save in the ninth to waste Colon’s sterling effort, Mark Teixeira saved the game with his glove, pitcher Hector Noesi walked a tightrope in his big-league debut and the Yankees continued to struggle with men on base, making it seem as though this game would never end. Robinson Cano finally doubled in two runs against Michael Gonzalez to snap a tie score in the 15th inning and lift the Yankees to a 4-1 victory over the Orioles.BOX SCORE: YANKEES 4, ORIOLES 1 (15 INNINGS)Joe Girardi said. “We’ve had a lot of tough losses in this streak and we’re trying to get those behind us.” The Yankees were not able to celebrate the go-ahead hit for long, however, as Gonzalez hit Chris Dickerson in the head, dropping him instantly. The recent call-up left the game under his own power, although he was sporting a knot near his left temple. Gonzalez was immediately ejected. The outfielder was sent to a local hospital… Read full this story
- How Robinson Cano and the Mets could save each other
- Pete Alonso, Robinson Cano provide glimpse of what could be
- Orioles’ Chris Davis ends 0-for-54 skid in win over Red Sox
- NY Mets: Robinson Cano confident slow start won't last
- Gleyber Torres, Yankees rally to avoid worst 7-game start in 28 years
- Twins score in five separate innings, beat Orioles 7-6 in split-squad game.
- Tigers topple No. 11 Texas A&M in 15-inning road win
- MLB Opening Day: Voit homers, Tanaka strong as Yankees top Orioles
- Gary Sanchez slugs three homers as Yankees sweep Orioles
- Paxton helps Yankees beat up Red Sox, 8-0
- College baseball weekend: Toreros beat BYU 15-5 in WCC series opener; Aztecs head to Nevada for weekend
- Sam Fuehring turns up her game for Louisville women's basketball run
Yankees beat Orioles 4-1 in 15 innings, longest game of 2011; Robinson Cano knocks in winning runs have 325 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 18, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.