Chinese health authorities in the city of Wuhan claimed last week to have tested an incredible 1.47 million people for COVID-19 on Friday alone. Key points: Wuhan’s Government said it tested 9 million out of the city’s 11 million residents in 10 days Health authorities have used so-called pool testing, which is quick but can sometimes lead to inaccuracies Some residents have feared that simply turning up to be tested could expose them to infection Some 1 million tests had been completed the previous day, authorities said, as part of a drive to test all 11 million of the city’s residents. By comparison, as of Friday, Australia had conducted a total of 1.19 million since the outbreak began in January. Wuhan authorities on Monday said they had managed to test 9 million people within just 10 days. Allen Cheng, director of the Infection Prevention and Healthcare Epidemiology unit at Alfred Health in Melbourne, told the ABC that Wuhan represented “an astounding amount of testing”. So, how did Chinese authorities manage to achieve this? How reliable can the tests be and is testing everyone a good use of resources? When and why did mass testing kick off? Yang Zhanqiu, deputy director… Read full this story
- Fort Worth offered Amazon $443.2 million for its HQ2. How did that measure up?
- Germany hopes to integrate over 1 million migrants better than it did with Turkish immigrants in the 60s
- SAT Test 2019: Important Dates, Registration and Test Fee
- Fredrik Ekland lost $800K commission during the season 8 premiere of Million Dollar Listing: New York
- Testing crucial in fight against HIV
- Elizabeth Warren Responds To Trump’s Million Dollar Offer To Take ‘DNA Test’
- China, Exploring Renewables, Tests a Solar Highway
- Jury Awards Apple $539 Million in Samsung Patent Case
- What’s Smoother Than a Federer Backhand? His $300 Million Uniqlo Deal
- Monsanto Ordered to Pay $289 Million in Roundup Cancer Trial
- US Powerball lottery leaps to $750-M after massive Mega Millions jackpot
- The Infatuation Raises $30 Million From WndrCo
Wuhan tested 9 million residents for coronavirus in 10 days. How did they do it? have 313 words, post on www.abc.net.au at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.