Alex Miller’s spare room had been on Craigslist for two weeks when, last March, she got the call she’d been waiting for. The man at the other end identified himself as Jed Creek. Creek was a lawyer from New York, but he had grown up just outside Philadelphia, only a few minutes’ drive from Miller’s apartment in the city’s well-to-do neighborhood of Chestnut Hill. Creek explained that he needed a place to stay while he tended to family matters — his mother was old and frail and his older brother was suffering from complications with hepatitis C, he said — and he’d been looking for a place without much luck. “I find Philadelphians to be very difficult,” he said. “A lot of flaky people.” “I’m not flaky,” Miller, then 31, assured him, “so you’re off to a good start.” Creek was tall, slim, and handsome, with hair as black as squid’s ink. Though he was 60, he looked to be in his late 40s. When he came to visit the apartment, he brought his dog, a 13-year-old Border-collie mix named Zachary, so that he could meet Miller’s arthritic black Lab, Cosimo. To Miller, Creek’s arrival felt like a godsend. She… Read full this story
- How To Find a Great Roommate
- 2017 Super Bowl: Ranking all 50 Super Bowls from worst to first
- Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider on
- Taking it Easy in New Orleans
- If You Use Venmo the Good Way, Your Life Will Improve
- Is the Age-Old Quest for a Baldness Cure Reaching Its End?
- World’s strictest landlord BANS alcohol, cooking after 9.30pm and even refuses to let tenants have guests
- Amanda Knox acquitted of murder
- Amanda Knox thanks supporters, heads for home
- How Nancy Reagan coped with Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's Disease
- Attorney General William Barr Gives Update On Jeffrey Epstein Death
- How the legendary stuntman who inspired Brad Pitt's character in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood broke 56 bones on set - including his back twice - flew cars between gaps in bridges and jumped 30ft onto a train without any protective padding
Worst Roommate Ever have 341 words, post on nymag.com at February 21, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.