Addressing the event, N.A. Permanent Vice Chairman Tran Thanh Man underscored that peace, independence and freedom have always been the burning aspiration of the Vietnamese people and the ultimate goal of the Vietnamese revolution. Therefore, the just fight of the Vietnamese people has become an integral part of progressive people’s struggle for freedom, national independence, peace, justice, and social progress in the world, he added. Permanent Vice Chairman Tran Thanh Man also affirmed that the world peace is facing great challenges, and stressed that stopping the threat of war and conflicts, safeguarding peace and building a world of fair and sustainable development are becoming the top tasks for humankind. To reach the goal, he called for immediate efforts to ensure adherence to the United Nation (U.N.) Charter and international laws, especially the basic principles of respect for independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, non-interference in the internal affairs of countries: settlement of disputes by peaceful means in accordance with international law, refraining from threat to use or use of force, and equal and mutually beneficial cooperation among all nations. Meanwhile, he urged stepping up the struggle for peace, disarmament and de-militarization, and complete abolition of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass… Read full this story
- President Aliyev: Non-Aligned Movement plays important role in stability, security and peace in world [UPDATE]
- Ireland aims to be 'vocal, active and courageous' on world stage as it seeks United Nations Security Council seat
- Peace Activist Explains How UNHRC Will Get Along Without US Presence
- WATCH UN Security Council Discuss Escalation in Gaza
- US quitting UN Human Rights Council over ‘chronic bias’
- World Cup spirit reaches United Nations Security Council
- The end of the UN’s world order ?
- Higgins: Ireland's peace-making "our strongest card" in bid for UN Security Council seat
- POLITICO London Playbook: England’s Brexit derby — Summit kicking-off — Trump’s big moment
- The Christian churches have long been promoting peace on the Korean peninsula
- UN envoy seeks to kick-start Syria constitutional committee
- Josephine Mpango: Fountain of youth ready to take its place in politics – and change the world
World Peace Council’s 22nd Assembly kicked off in Hanoi have 339 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.