KANG HYE-RAN The author is the head of the international news team of the JoongAng Ilbo. At the request of the Jeju Forum to be held on Friday, I selected major international news and figures of the year. The last month of the year is already here. International news this year seems to be close to us. For instance, Russia's war on Ukraine is a historical event, but it is intertwined with domestic issues. The shells supplied by a South Korean defense company are reportedly being supplied to Ukraine through the United States. U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan made me realize that the geopolitics of Taiwan is directly related to the economic security of Korea. When Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman tried to make up with U.S. President Joe Biden with a fist bump, it seemed to be international news. But when he visited Korea last month for 20 hours, 40 trillion won ($30.8 billion) in contracts were signed, and Korean portals were noisy with the news. International news became domestic news and vice versa. When Biden visited Korea in May, a foreign journalist pointed out to President Yoon Suk-yeol the "male-biased cabinet" at a… Read full this story
- China claims Indian soldiers opened fire in fresh border clash
- Horst Seehofer agrees border control deal with Angela Merkel
- Covid vaccine: '8,000 jumbo jets needed' to deliver doses around world
- China and India agree to disengage at disputed border
- Italy reignites Mont Blanc border dispute with France
- How can the world respond to North Korea, short of military action?
- EU open borders scaled back after influx of migrants
- Belarus opposition leader 'ripped up passport at Ukraine border'
- Missing Belarusian protest leader detained trying to enter Ukraine: border service
- Belarus protest leader detained at border as Lukashenko rejects dialogue
- Amid border clashes, Jaishankar to meet foreign ministers of China, Russia
- Chinese state media admits military deployment along India border
World news without borders have 319 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 1, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.