World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – World Health Day is observed annually on April 7 to highlight the status of health and wellness universally. Minister of State with responsibility for Health, the Honourable Wendy Phipps, in her World Health Day Address said that “access to quality care is a basic human right of all [people].” Against the backdrop of “World Health Day,” the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), hosted a community health fair in Sandy Point Saturday, April 7. Health care workers from the ministry and RUSM provided a wide range of free health screenings, including blood pressure, blood glucose, body mass index (BMI), vision, heart and lungs. Minister Phipps thanked Ross University School of Medicine for its collaboration by stating that “this effort today is part of the embodiment of one of the sustainable goals for the United Nations (UN) in terms of true partnership between the public and private sector.” Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Ross University School of Medicine Dr. Allison Burnett also shared her sentiments of the health fair by saying “I think it… Read full this story
- Scientists highlight deadly health risks of climate change
- World Rabies Day 2019: Date, History, Theme And Significance
- World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- National Nutrition Week 2019: 10 Nutrition And Health Tips For Working Women
- World AIDS Day 2019: Tips For Healthy Living With HIV
- Scientists warn of mysterious and deadly new epidemic called Disease X that could kill millions around the world
- Celebrity break ups and make ups of 2015: A year in the world of celeb couples
- Mental Health Summit Will Focus on Mitigating, Managing Self-Harm
- A Place of Refuge by Tobias Jones review – an experiment in communal living
- Proof those celebrity diet rules are so hard to swallow: Just in time for the party season, 'Baroness Bra' Michelle Mone unveiled 29 secrets she says lost her 6st. But here top experts reveal most of her tips should be taken with a pinch of salt
- Britain is quitting smoking. Can our success inspire the rest of the world?
- World Mental Health Day: ICRC calls for prioritization of psycho-social support
World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point have 361 words, post on www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.