World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – World Health Day is observed annually on April 7 to highlight the status of health and wellness universally. Minister of State with responsibility for Health, the Honourable Wendy Phipps, in her World Health Day Address said that “access to quality care is a basic human right of all [people].” Against the backdrop of “World Health Day,” the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), hosted a community health fair in Sandy Point Saturday, April 7. Health care workers from the ministry and RUSM provided a wide range of free health screenings, including blood pressure, blood glucose, body mass index (BMI), vision, heart and lungs. Minister Phipps thanked Ross University School of Medicine for its collaboration by stating that “this effort today is part of the embodiment of one of the sustainable goals for the United Nations (UN) in terms of true partnership between the public and private sector.” Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Ross University School of Medicine Dr. Allison Burnett also shared her sentiments of the health fair by saying “I think it… Read full this story
- Amazon Prime Day 2018: How to find the best deals and biggest bargains
- Ex-Ulster player Bell walks length of Ireland barefoot in 22 days
- World Health Day 2018: #HealthForAll
- 'There aren't 11 celebrities in Ireland
- Russian volleyball star questions award for men’s football team over World Cup quarter-final run
- Michy Batshuayi's World Cup in doubt as Borussia Dortmund appear to confirm long-term injury
- British woman ‘repeatedly raped on Caribbean paradise island St Lucia on Good Friday after being dragged into bushes’
- 'I have nightmares about women here buying abortion pills over the internet ... one of these days someone is going to die'
- Albert Primary School celebrates World Book Day
- Indian PM marks world yoga day with plea to celebrate country’s culture
- Time to break your silence, health turnaround boss is told
- Thousands join Indian PM to celebrate world yoga day
World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point have 343 words, post on www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.