World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – World Health Day is observed annually on April 7 to highlight the status of health and wellness universally. Minister of State with responsibility for Health, the Honourable Wendy Phipps, in her World Health Day Address said that “access to quality care is a basic human right of all [people].” Against the backdrop of “World Health Day,” the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), hosted a community health fair in Sandy Point Saturday, April 7. Health care workers from the ministry and RUSM provided a wide range of free health screenings, including blood pressure, blood glucose, body mass index (BMI), vision, heart and lungs. Minister Phipps thanked Ross University School of Medicine for its collaboration by stating that “this effort today is part of the embodiment of one of the sustainable goals for the United Nations (UN) in terms of true partnership between the public and private sector.” Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Ross University School of Medicine Dr. Allison Burnett also shared her sentiments of the health fair by saying “I think it… Read full this story
- Can you spot yourself in our gallery for World Book Day?
- Bounce Back group marks first year of supporting the community
- Why every day should be ‘International Women’s Day’
- Walking your way to better health
- ON THIS DAY: Wednesday, February 14 2018
- Five years after Sandy Hook, the school librarian recounts her harrowing story
- Dundee named one of the world's most 'design-savvy' cities
- Brickwork Lizards: The Turkobilly Balkan speakeasy band celebrating longing and rebellion
- From high-flying banker to fitness instructor: Former Bury St Edmunds woman talks career changes
- Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
- All the action from Helston health and fitness fair
- St Joseph’s Hospital celebrates 100,000 patients through its doors since re-launch
World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point have 311 words, post on www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.