World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – World Health Day is observed annually on April 7 to highlight the status of health and wellness universally. Minister of State with responsibility for Health, the Honourable Wendy Phipps, in her World Health Day Address said that “access to quality care is a basic human right of all [people].” Against the backdrop of “World Health Day,” the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), hosted a community health fair in Sandy Point Saturday, April 7. Health care workers from the ministry and RUSM provided a wide range of free health screenings, including blood pressure, blood glucose, body mass index (BMI), vision, heart and lungs. Minister Phipps thanked Ross University School of Medicine for its collaboration by stating that “this effort today is part of the embodiment of one of the sustainable goals for the United Nations (UN) in terms of true partnership between the public and private sector.” Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Ross University School of Medicine Dr. Allison Burnett also shared her sentiments of the health fair by saying “I think it… Read full this story
- Hearthstone World Championship: Day two's talking points
- Community Source Software: If You Build It, They Will Join
- Kaiser Jumps Onto Microsoft's Health Records Cloud
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice World Mental Health Day Donation Raises $80,000
- How important is mental health at workplaces?
- The Evolution of Batman in Gaming: From Isometric Puzzlers to Open-World Adventures
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY FIDO Pursues Vision of a Password-Free World
- Our readers share their fondest and most amazing memories of World of Warcraft
- NIH Women's Health Research Office celebrates 20 years, announces vision for 2020
- Coaching Platform Improves Health Outcomes, Lowers Medical Costs
- Obama Lauds STEM Progress at White House Science Fair
- Reynad: RNG in Hearthstone is "the reason that people are celebrities"
World Health Day in St. Kitts celebrated with community health fair in Sandy Point have 309 words, post on www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.