It is always fun for any wood turner to turn logs of wood from their own environment into a good rich, looking usable utensils or into various forms of art that easily shows the turner’s skill. Some of those woodturning projects are considered difficult, include turning wood bowls. Successful creation of these bowls requires a lot of attention to details. I usually craft bowls as my hobby, utilizing many different species of trees and grain patterns as I can find. When undertaking bowl making projects, I usually prefer working with greenwood. Over the years as I have done bowl turning, I have come to learn that green hardwood turns easier and faster than dry wood, making turning much simpler. I have also learned to make thin bowl walls to avoid cracks as the bowls dry. Thin side walls tend to warp as they dry. The trick here is to make the thickness thin enough so as not to crack and thick enough so you will be a able to cut out the warp. The aim of my project is to preserve the importance of trees. I also seek to bring out the aesthetic values of the different species of trees,… Read full this story
- Horror after flying bowling ball crushes mum's finger leaving the bone exposed
- Success is brewing for Scorton woodturner now Jamie Oliver's a fan
- Horror as flying bowling ball smashes mum's finger exposing bone
- Bill is recipient of Bourne Rose Bowl
- The quirky gifts received by the Royal Family in 2018
- Frampton print and Chinese artwork among MLAs donated treasure
- 'Years of memories': Readers share stories of special trees
- Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response: The Whisper Network
- Why you should go toxic-free for your next gel mani
- Artisan studio reflects family's 'farm to fork' ethos
- 'It wouldn't have happened if he'd been here'
- Toolmaker still going strong after 191 years: ‘It’s important to keep traditions alive’
Woodturning A Wooden Bowl have 308 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at April 26, 2017. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.