Although Alpha was an innocent looking tropical depression on the onset he, turned into a major Tropical Storm and completely flooded the Dominican Republic. Then he went and changed the trajectory of Super Hurricane Wilma and deflected her Northward towards the Northeastern United States, which was flooded from several consecutive storms in early and mid October. Meanwhile the energy of tropcial stoem Alpah did indeed join forces with the outer bands of Hurricane Wilma, intensifying her already Category Two winds as she left the Florida coastline with significant damage to Southern Florida on both coasts. Tropical Storm Alpha effectively set the record in 2005 to make this the most intensive tropical named storms seasons in history.Now we have a good five solid weeks left of the Hurricane Season as we plunge into the Greek Alphabet of names, next up of course is beta. But there are quite a few names to go through still and no one knows how far we will plunge into those names. Names like Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, Lota and Kappa; will we actually get that far? Hard to say really but we certainly could as that would only be 1.5 tropcial storms per week… Read full this story
- Britain to bake in 28C TOMORROW as the heatwave returns after tropical Storm Ernesto batters the country
- Tropical storm changes course on way to Turkey
- Child dies as Tropical Storm Gordon strikes southern US states
- Tropical storm Florence death toll hits 11 with mum and baby crushed by falling tree among the dead
- UK weather – Brits to sweat in ‘humid and sticky’ temps after tropical Storm Ernesto batters the country
- Too early to say if Tropical Storm Leslie will hit UK, Met Office says
- Tropical storm to rival Ophelia set to batter Britain within days
- Scotland to be battered by sub-tropical Storm Ernesto as heavy rain continues
- How Plymouth's escaping brutal tropical Storm Ernesto
- Subtropical Storm Ernesto headed for Britain as tail-end of cyclone set to bring humid weather this weekend
- Tropical Storm Ernesto – where is it now, when is it due to hit and how will it affect UK weather?
- Faraway tropical storms put off 'Indian Summer'
Wilma and Alpha Set 2005 Tropical Storm Weather Records have 350 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 24, 2005. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.