1. Oscar Madison and Felix Unger on Password (The Odd Couple)The Odd Couple, slobby sportswriter Oscar Madison (Jack Klugman) is invited to be a celebrity guest on Password after he runs into the show’s host, Allen Ludden, and his wife (Betty White) at a restaurant. Because Oscar’s fastidious roommate Felix Unger (Tony Randall) is a Password freak, he begs Oscar to accept the invitation, and to bring Felix along as his partner. Then, on the day of the taping, Felix overthinks every clue. When Oscar says “meat,” Felix says “Lincoln” (because “Lincoln loved mayonnaise”). When the password is “bird,” Felix gives Oscar the clue “Aristophanes” (because Aristophanes wrote The Birds). “If Charlie Chan had these clues, he’d be running a laundry,” Oscar grumbles. But the game isn’t a total disaster. When Oscar gets the password “ridiculous,” he gives Felix the clue “Aristophanes” right back, and Felix responds correctly. And though the two friends lose the game, at least Oscar remains Ludden’s favorite nonexistent sportswriter. 2. Ralph and Alice Kramden on Beat The Clock (The Jackie Gleason Show)The Jackie Gleason Show was preceded by the game show Beat The Clock, so it was a seamless segue between timeslots when host Bud… Read full this story
- Chinese state media pulls TV coverage of Arsenal game after Mesut Ozil shows Uyghur support
- 2 Harford County Nurses Compete On Fox Game Show 'Beat Shazam'
- Soccer Extras: China state TV cancels Arsenal-City game after Ozil hits out
- Sen. Joe Manchin Says Trump's Border Address Gets TV Priority Over Ellen's Game Show
- Game of Thrones is over: Fans react on Twitter, season 8 remake petition passes a million signatures
- The sometimes fatal attraction of video games
- Had TV’s Greatest Love Triangle, But No Great Couples
- Inside the 2019 People's Choice Awards: Zendaya proves she's a fan favorite as she takes home double honors
- People's Choice Awards 2019: Maya Jama catches the eye in quirky green shirt dress as she wins the UK and Ireland's Best Dressed Star prize
- Bigg Boss 13 day 71 written update episode 71 December 16: Sidharth Shukla reveals Rashami’s game plan to Shehnaaz
- Would You Let a Reality Show Pick Your Home? Or Your Spouse?
- Here's Every ABC Canceled and Renewed Show
“Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?”: 16 TV-character crossovers with real game shows have 360 words, post on tv.avclub.com at May 9, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.