(CNN) White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said Sunday that the Trump administration is preparing for the possibility that a second wave of Covid-19 could hit the United States in the fall. “We are filling the stockpile in anticipation of a possible problem in the fall. We are doing everything we can beneath the surface, working as hard as we possibly can,” Navarro told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.” Asked by Tapper if the administration is preparing for a second wave in the fall, Navarro replied, “Of course.” “You prepare for what can possibly happen. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but of course you prepare,” he added. CNN has reached out to the White House for comment. Read More Navarro’s comments come as Vice President Mike Pence, who’s leading the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force, has downplayed the threat of a second wave that public health experts are warning about. In a Wall Street Journal op-ed last week, Pence blamed the media for inciting “panic” regarding a second wave of coronavirus. “In recent days, the media has taken to sounding the alarm bells over a ‘second wave’ of coronavirus infections. Such panic is overblown,” he… Read full this story
- Twitter removes White House adviser's tweet saying masks do not prevent COVID-19
- White House Races to Contain Virus in Its Ranks: ‘It Is Scary to Go to Work’
- Tillerson Leads From State Dept. Shadows as White House Steps In
- Trump admin pulls NIH grant for coronavirus research over ties to Wuhan lab at heart of conspiracy theories
- Who is Alexander Vindman, the Army officer defying the White House to testify about Trump's Ukraine call?
- White House officials mull over life after the pandemic, but there's still no clear plan
- White House braces for weak jobs report after Omicron surge coincides with data collection
- Busting Myth: Fungal Disease Reported During COVID-19 Second Wave is Mucormycosis, Not Black Fungus
- Russian attack on Ukraine possible 'any day now', White House says
- The View From the White House
- White House gets set for cautious pivot on pandemic
- The White House will freeze federal student loan repayments until May 1.
White House adviser: Trump administration preparing for possible second wave of coronavirus in the fall have 356 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 21, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.