Left: YouTubers do the “eating lemon challenge.” Right: The developers of meditation app Kokkiri, Buddhist monk Haemin, left, and Daniel Tudor, meditate together. [SCREEN CAPTURE, KOKKIRI]If you can’t go to work due to the coronavirus outbreak, how do you fill the long hours at home?By using apps and surfing the net, of course, checking out online recipes, reading tips for working out, meditating in the living room and by eating lemons on YouTube.Compared to last December, that golden age before the coronavirus outbreak, downloads of Wife’s Cuisine, an app for sharing recipes, saw a 20 percent increase. Yang Joon-kyu, CEO of the company, says a video titled “Four Easy and Simple Dishes” uploaded a month ago on YouTube has been a runaway success. “I think a lot of cooking novices are watching it,” Yang says. “I recently uploaded a video called ‘Six Healing Foods to Boost Your Immunity,’ and I am receiving positive feedback from my subscribers.”Staying at home clearly translates into lots of home cooking. Sales of both food and kitchenware have skyrocketed. Cookat Market, an online food vendor popular among young people living alone, also saw a 31 percent spike in sales in March. All that home cooking… Read full this story
- Periodic Table: The Deadly and Life-giving Elements of Group 15
- Anti-theft boxes give ‘package of mind’
- The best places to catch and eat fish on the Gulf
- Alabama bakery lets you have your cake and eat it, too
- Here’s what to sip on at Comedienne Joy’s Blue Jean Bourbon Ball
- Larry Harris finds life after retirement in bundt cakes
- What’s so bad about eating things that are processed?
- The 20-year-old Southern guitarist giving hope to the blues
- Obsessing over good eating can turn pathological
- Local religion digest: Epler’s United Church of Christ sets Easter Dawn Service at Blue Marsh
- TVAA art camp teaches and inspires young minds
- Not Forgotten: He lived life full speed ahead
When life gives you the coronavirus blues, be mindful and eat a lemon have 330 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.