And now it’s officially official. Monday, reports surfaced that Western Kentucky would be turning to Tyson Helton as its next head football coach. Early Tuesday afternoon, the Conference USA program confirmed that the 41-year-old Helton has been hired to replace Mike Sanford as the Hilltoppers’ sideline boss. Sanford spent the past two seasons at the school, compiling a 9-15 record in the process, before being fired Sunday. “When determining our next head football coach, there were many qualities we felt this person must have. Certainly they needed to have an excellent football mind, but also be a tremendous person who was respected inside and outside of the locker room. We found that person in Tyson Helton,” WKU athletic director Todd Stewart said in a statement. “His background as an innovative offensive mind and a great motivator of his players fit our mission to find the next great leader for our football program. We are thrilled to bring Tyson and his wonderful family back to WKU. 🔴 IT’S OFFICIAL! 🔴 Tyson Helton (@Coach_Helton) is the 2️⃣1️⃣st head coach in WKU Football history! #GoTops pic.twitter.com/y8Y8GQTxr0 — WKU Football (@WKUFootball) November 27, 2018 Helton, the younger brother of USC head coach Clay Helton,… Read full this story
- Chad Morris’ seat scorching as Arkansas’ blown out by Western Kentucky
- Buyout total for Arkansas head coach Chad Morris
- Clay Helton heaps praise on new USC AD Mike Bohn
- Arkansas coaching candidates: Mike Norvell, Mike Leach, Bill Clark lead replacements for Chad Morris
- Arkansas fires coach Chad Morris after abysmal first two seasons with Razorbacks
- Hot Seat Rankings: Clay Helton, Chad Morris, Mark Dantonio among college football coaches heating up
- Aaron Rodgers' renaissance: Has the quarterback bought in to Matt LaFleur's system?
- Arkansas fires Chad Morris after going 4-18 in 2 seasons
- Report: Arkansas trying to get out of paying Bret Bielema buyout
- MaxPreps 2019 Small Schools preseason national football rankings
- At least 49 people are killed and 48 injured in multiple Christchurch mosque massacres involving an Australian terrorist, 28, who live-streamed himself opening fire on worshippers - as a man in his 20s is charged with murder
- Top 50 greatest high school football teams of all-time
Western Kentucky confirms Tennessee OC Tyson Helton as new head coach have 348 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at November 27, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.