Cricket West Indies (CWI) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have agreed to postpone the planned West Indies U-19 tour of England, scheduled for August and September 2020 due to scheduling clashes. With the West Indies U-19 team being unavailable to tour England during the proposed window, CWI and the ECB have worked together to investigate all alternative scheduling options but unfortunately it has not been possible to find a time for the tour that would work for both boards in relation to the respective domestic tournaments and player availability. The scheduled programme had included one IT20, three ODIs and two Youth Tests against England U-19s, which had been set to run between August 16 and September 3. As the current environment makes it impractical to plan to host alternative opposition, the decision has had to be taken not to run a competitive England U-19 programme this summer. Jimmy Adams, CWI’s Director of Cricket, said: “CWI and the ECB have agreed to cancel a proposed U-19 tour of the UK due to scheduling issues. The situation is an unfortunate one as we had planned for the tour to be the end of a two-year development cycle for this… Read full this story
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Quick guide to must-know Covid 19 protocols in Emirates, BCCI's preparations
- Shanta Rangaswamy defends BCCI, says withdrawing India women team from England tour not a case of neglect
- IPL 2020: Watch for'em! You will not see these five iconic stars in IPL anymore
- Adelaide quarantine camp firming ahead of India Test series
- Meg Lanning: Equal preparation important if 2021 Women's ODI World Cup goes ahead
- IPL 2020: MS Dhoni has left the door open for him, can still make India comeback, claims Dean Jones
West Indies' U-19 tour of England postponed due to scheduling issues have 281 words, post on zeenews.india.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.