Rishi Sunak’s multi-billion-pound coronavirus bailout has left hundreds of thousands of self-employed workers ‘close to a cliff edge’. The Chancellor unveiled a scheme handing out cash grants worth up to £2,500 a month, in a boost for taxi drivers, musicians, gig economy workers and freelancers. Many welcomed the move but some have reacted negatively, with roofers, directors, driving instructors and fitness coaches saying it will not help them. In this image made available by British government because no media allowed into 10 Downing Street because of the coronavirus pandemic, showing Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak holding a digital press conference about the COVID-19 coronavirus, in 10 Downing Street, London today Roofer Ken Price said he was concerned people were being made to wait until June for the rescue payment. The 50-year-old Londoner, who also works across the South East, told MailOnline: ‘Three months will be hard enough for people who’ve got money behind them. ‘People who are living week to week are going to be in trouble. How many people do you know that can sit at home for two and a half months and not pay their bills?’ He added financial survival during lockdown will depend on ‘the goodwill of creditors’…. Read full this story
- The Latest: Australia says Turkey to blame for IS escapes
- Choosing a Book Title that Attracts Readers
- Your Power To Choose
- Employee Recognition Sayings And Slogans
- Ayurvedic Remedies To Relieve Joint Pain In Old Age People
- Hamilton star Miguel Cervantes says daughter has tragically died at three: 'We love you so much Adelaide bug and forever after'
- 9 in 10 people say they've been bullied at work by bosses, managers and colleagues, survey finds
- Choose a Life Mate, Don't Wait for a Soul Mate
- People fear a return to our divided past, says Lord Eames
- David James survives a second dance-off on Strictly Come Dancing
- Gardaí seek help in tracing missing man Paul Perry
- Anger Management for Children: 5 Helpful Tips for Parents
'We'll have to choose - food or bills': Self-employed people react to Chancellor Rishi Sunak's bail-out - as those it doesn't help say they will be penniless and help will come too late for others have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.