A primary school has closed after 110 pupils were hit with a vomiting bug. Around a third of pupils from Rowlatts Mead Primary Academy in Leicester, are suffering with sickness and vomiting after an outbreak of the ‘flu-like virus’ at the school. The academy will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. A spokeswoman for the trust which runs the school refused to name the virus saying she was taking advice issued by Public Health England. Pupils will be allowed back to classes on Thursday as the school, which has around 350 children enrolled, plans to reopen at 8.35am. During the two-day closure, staff will complete a “full and deep clean of the entire building” in a bid to eliminate the virus. The academy, owned by The Mead Academy Educational Trust, said: “Due to the outbreak of a virus across the academy with over a third of pupils off with sickness and vomiting, we have been forced to close the academy for two days to do a full and deep clean of the entire building. “We will reopen Thursday 5th December at 8.35am.” A spokeswoman added: “A number of children were off school on Friday and over the weekend. “This flu… Read full this story
- False widow spider infestation shuts seventh London school - but pupils 'asked to go in to collect homework'
- Coronavirus: Pressure for primary schools to reopen in May amid fears over economy
- Nationwide hunt is launched for anyone who came into contact with Britain's first coronavirus victims: Two Chinese tourists are diagnosed after falling ill at a York hotel - so why is it STILL open?
- When the Covid-19 crisis finally ends, schools must never return to normal
- Coronavirus measures negatively impact pupils from poor backgrounds
- Coronavirus: Government accused of axing universal free school meals for infants
- Twelve taken ill after consuming ‘coronavirus shaped’ datura seeds
- Life after coronavirus: COVID-19 survivors reveal how the crippling illness left them breathless, weak and with lingering coughs for weeks after recovery
- False widow spider infestation closes EIGHTH London school after 'dozens seen swarming on gates'
- UK schools will not reopen straight after Easter, officials say
- New Jersey closes state, county parks because of COVID-19
- West Virginia primary rescheduled over fears of virus spread
Vomiting bug outbreak closes primary school after 110 pupils fall ill have 362 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.