[ Update: More details on ship date, international pricing, Oculus Ready PCs, and exclusive games are now in the below story] After dozens of trade-show demos , two publicly available development kits , a $2 billion buyout , and nearly four years of speculation , Oculus has finally locked down the release details for the first consumer version of the Rift virtual reality headset. The $599 VR unit is now available for preorder ahead of expected shipments starting in March (though the shop page had some major loading problems right after pre-orders went live). Oculus says the headset will be available at “limited retail locations” starting in April. [ Update: Within 15 minutes of pre-orders going up, online orders were being told to expect a ship date of April. After an hour, the expected ship date was back to May. This suggests some combination of either limited initial supplies or very robust sales for the Rift. Here are the international prices listed on the Oculus Shop: £499 in the UK, €699 in mainland Europe, AUS$649 in Australia, NZ$699 in New Zealand, CDN$849 in Canada, ¥83800 in Japan, KOR$649 in South Korea.] That price will get users the headset, a head-tracking… Read full this story
- Standalone virtual reality headset Oculus Go now available at Best Buy Canada
- Virtual reality isn't niche any more
- Virtual reality is bringing ancient buildings back to life
- Lidl is selling a virtual reality headset for £7.99 – but is it any good?
- Microsoft abandons its plans for mixed and virtual reality on the Xbox One consoles
- LG Develops AI to Combat Virtual Reality Nausea
- Is it finally time to invest in a Virtual Reality headset?
- Facebook’s virtual reality sculpting platform gets a 2.0 upgrade
- Stormland is a new open world Oculus Rift game that will let you explore freely in VR
- Insomniac’s mystery VR game is Stormland, an open-world adventure for Oculus Rift
- PSVR hit Moss launches on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- Square Enix’s Tales of Wedding Rings VR brings manga to Oculus Rift
Virtually a reality: Oculus Rift goes on sale for $599 [Updated] have 318 words, post on arstechnica.com at January 6, 2016. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.