PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attended the virtual third Mekong-Lancang Cooperation (MLC) Leaders’ Meeting on August 24, together with high-ranking leaders from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and China. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the virtual third Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Leaders’ Meeting on August 24 (Photo: VNA) Themed “Enhancing Partnership for Shared Prosperity”, the meeting reviewed the MLC’s recent cooperation and discussed orientations to promote its collaboration in the coming period. Regarding the cooperation results, the leaders highlighted important progress made since the second Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Leaders’ Meeting such as progress in cooperation in Mekong River water management, including the organization of the first Ministerial Meeting of Lancang-Mekong Water Resources Cooperation, and the initiation of cooperation between the MLC and the Mekong River Commission. More than 300 technical assistance projects have been implemented with the support of the MLC Special Fund while the Mekong Research Centre and specialised cooperation centres were established. Regarding the future cooperation orientations, the leaders reaffirmed their determination to jointly build a MLC region of peace, stability, sustainable development and prosperity; and agreed to promote cooperation on three specific pillars. On security – politics, the countries agreed to maintain high-level exchanges; strengthen dialogue between political parties, parliarments, governments and… Read full this story
- President Trump went to 'extraordinary lengths' to hide details of Putin meetings, report says
- JACK DOYLE: From PM 'staring down barrel of gun' to glimmers of hope
- (3rd LD) Leaders of S. Korea, Malaysia pledge to conclude FTA talks this year | Yonhap News Agency
- (3rd LD) S. Korean president makes state visit to Brunei | Yonhap News Agency
- Vietnam: a compromise pick for Trump-Kim meeting
- Salisbury novichok poisoning: PM attacks Russia's 'desperate fabrication'
- Turkey leader shows mosque attack vid and vows to send Kiwis home in coffins
- Attorney General wrecks May's 'last chance' Brexit deal
- Putin's holiday message to Trump: Russia 'open to dialogue ... on most extensive agenda'
- Trump: NYT report on FBI fear that he worked for Russia is 'most insulting article' ever
- FBI investigated President Trump for possible secret Russian favors, reports says
- FBI investigated President Trump for possible secret Russian favors, reports say
Vietnamese PM attends 3rd Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Leaders’ Meeting have 338 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.