The meetings took place after the informal meetings between defense ministers of ASEAN and the U.S., and India. At the meeting with Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto, the two ministers evaluated that the bilateral defense ties have received due attention and reaped remarkable outcomes. The two sides' agencies and units have actively coordinated with each other to actualize the contents agreed by the two defense chiefs during the Indonesian defense minister's official visit to Vietnam in May this year. Both officials consented to enhance exchange of delegations at all levels, particularly the high-ranking ones, bring into full play deputy minister-level defense policy dialogues, joint working groups, and information sharing, and uphold cooperation in personnel training. They agreed to strengthen the ties between the two navies and air forces, promote cooperation in defense industry, search and rescue, medicine, and continue to review and complete cooperation frameworks. Given that Indonesia will take on the ASEAN Chairmanship next year, General Phan Van Giang confirmed that Vietnam supports and is willing to team with the country at Indonesia-hosted ASEAN military and defense meetings. During the conversation with U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, both officials spoke highly of the constantly-flourishing and effective development of… Read full this story
- West may not see a Russian nuclear attack coming, UK spy chief says
- Pressure Grows on the West to Speed Air-Defense Systems to Ukraine
- JCS chiefs of South Korea, U.S. discuss possible response to North Korean provocation
- Mark Milley Meets With Russian General as Concerns Remain Over China Calls
- POGO’s perils: 43 foreign workers rescued in raid
- Singapore, Japan to pace up talks on defense equipment
- U.S. Biological Weapons in Ukraine—Separating the Facts From the Fiction
- Fact Check: Did Russia Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu Say USSR Will Return?
- Binh Duong’s defense task performance inspected
- Putin issued ultimatum as NATO 'ramps up production' of weapons to meet Ukraine demand
- The U.K. prime minister fires her finance chief and nixes tax cuts to calm markets
- U.N. chief’s Vietnam visit of great significance: ambassador
Vietnamese defense chief has separate meetings with foreign counterparts have 337 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.