Vietnamese Grandmaster Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son won his first round match at the FIDE Grand Swiss 2019 chess tournament on October 10 in England. Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son earned his first points at the FIDE Grand Swiss 2019 chess tournament in England: Vietnam’s No 2 player defeated Allen Keith of Irelandafter 46 moves. Son will next play Grandmaster Anton Guijarro Davidof Spain. On the other table, Vietnam’s No 1 player Le Quang Liemtook an unexpected draw against GM Jorden Van Foreest of the Netherlands who islower than him in the world ranking. Grandmaster Liem has 0.5 point and will face Grandmaster VasifDurarbayli of Azerbaijan in the second match. After the first round, world champion Magnus Carlsenof Norway is in the leading position. He is followed by Spanish FabianoCaruana and Chinese Yu Yangyi. Liem is placed No 19 while Son is ranked No 76 at thecompetition. Thetournament runs for 11 rounds until October 22 with the winner taking a slot atthe 2020 Candidates’ Tournament. The winner of the Candidates’ Tournament willearn the right to challenge reigning champion Carlsen in a match for the worldchampionship in November 2020./. VNA
- Grand slam England set sights on the world
- Anna Shcherbakova lands two quad Lutzes to win Skate America in Grand Prix debut
- Australian Open 2020: Federer fends off Millman in epic 100th win
- Ariana Grande and Lizzo fawn over one another while behind the scenes at the 2020 Grammy Awards
- England slips to 192-4, Stokes appears to swear at fan
- What to know about Tet holiday in Vietnam?
- England’s opener against France could hold key to back-to back grand slams
- Sunil Gavaskar Considers England Favourites To Win World Cup 2019
- Shanghai Swans rally to win $7 million GCL Super Cup
- Ariana Grande Has the Best Reaction to Billie Eilish Shouting Her Out at the 2020 Grammys
- South Africa Docked Six Points In World Test Championship For Slow Over-Rate Against England
- Australian Open 2020: Federer's best wins in Melbourne after reaching 100 victories
Vietnam's Son wins, Liem draws at FIDE Grand Swiss in England have 315 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.