Nearly a decade ago, Vietnam lost its last rhino. Since then, the country has made great efforts to combat wildlife trafficking and protect biodiversity. Việt Nam News talks to ambassadors and international experts about what Vietnam can do to put an end to the crime. A bear at the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre in Tam Dao National Park, Vinh Phuc Province. Bear bile is among the most popular wildlife products illegally traded in Vietnam. — VNA/VNS Photo Thanh Dat Can you tell us about US-Vietnam efforts to combat wildlife trafficking? Daniel Kritenbrink, US Ambassador to Vietnam: USAID is carrying out a programme called Saving Species designed to build Vietnam’s capacity to combat wildlife trafficking, working with law enforcement to improve the legal and regulatory environment and also to help build the capacity of Vietnam’s civil society sector working on the issue. We have recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Public Security and other departments. As part of the MoU, we are going to work together to promote law enforcement co-operation. Early next year, the US Fish and Wildlife Service is going to appoint an attaché at the embassy, specifically to work on the wildlife trafficking… Read full this story
- Do private schools in Vietnam need rescuing?
- Vietnam needs corporate credit rating to attract more investors in bonds
- Vietnam scores poorly in protecting animals: study
- Billion-dollar wildlife industry in Vietnam under assault as law drafted to halt trading
- Heroin, ecstasy pill seizures soar in Vietnam
- New approach into Vietnam logistics
- Vietnam Introduces Law Aimed at Fighting Climate Change
- Writing history in Vietnam
- Vietnam should not pin hopes on trade war truce: experts
- Vietnam develops skilled human resources
- This Japanese woman is spreading seeds of organic agriculture throughout Vietnam
- Covid-19 impact: Vietnam to quarantine all overseas arrivals
Vietnam needs to do more to combat wildlife trafficking have 305 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.