Vietnam boasts substantial potential for wind power, particularly offshore wind power (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam boasts substantial potential for wind power, particularly offshore wind power, providing an opportunity for the country to fulfill its energy transition target towards green growth , heard a conference held by the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) in Hanoi on December 1. Vietnam Wind Power (VWP) is an official industry event organised by the GWEC since 2018. It provides a platform for the Government and the industry to discuss pressing issues around the development of wind energy in Vietnam. Pham Nguyen Hung, Deputy Director of the General Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority at the Ministry of Industry and Trade, said the Vietnamese Government has adopted various policies and mechanisms to facilitate renewable energy development. As of the end of 2021, Vietnam's total installed capacity of renewables reached 20.7 GW, accounting for over 27% of the accumulative installed capacity of the electricity system, making Vietnam a leading country in this regard. The percentage is expected to hit 59% by 2050. Speakers at Vietnam Wind Power (Photo: VNA) Renewable power, especially wind power , both onshore and offshore, is forecast to grow strongly, serving as a… Read full this story
- Gearing up towards a just energy transition in Vietnam
- Mekong Delta on its way to achieve water, food, and energy sustainability for all
- US investors pour more funds into Vietnam
- Net-zero carbon emissions to create sustainable production, consumption in Việt Nam
- Southeast Asia’s road to recovery
- We will invest £500 million in climate finance in SE Asia over 5 yrs: Srini Nagarajan, British International Investment
Vietnam has opportunity for energy transition towards green growth have 257 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 1, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.