Fifth Vietnam Rice Festival underway in Vinh Long The fifth Vietnam Rice Festival is underway in Vinh Long province in the Mekong Delta on January 7 – 10 as part of an effort to promote Vietnamese rice domestically and globally. From a rice importer over three decades ago, Vietnam has risen to the world's top exporter. In 2020, Vietnam exported 3.07 billion USD worth of the grain, making it the second largest rice producer in the world, only after India. In the first 11 months of last year, the country shipped abroad 5.75 million tonnes of the food for 3.03 billion USD, up 0.8 percent and 7.2 percent year on year, respectively. Vietnam's ST 25 rice won the first place at the World's Best Rice competition in 2019 and the second in 2020. By 2025, Vietnam sets to have 3.6 – 3.7 million hectares of land under rice which will generate 40 – 41 million tonnes of paddy annually. The country also targets to export around 5 million tonnes of rice in the next five years. VinFast announces plan to switch to all-electric vehicle production Vietnamese automaker VinFast announced on January 6 to stop producing internal combustion engine (ICE) cars… Read full this story
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 22
- Why disbursements of public investment in Vietnam are slow?
- First bank in Vietnam complete Basel II three pillars
- Vietnam’s rice sector forecast to face difficulties in 2020
- CUHK Business School Reveals How Court Transparency in China is Biased by Politics and How the Bias Has Economic Consequences
- HCM City seeks to respond to impacts from global trade conflicts
- US market: shrimp export growth rises while catfish drops
- Japan top foreign investor in Vietnam
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 7 have 277 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 7, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.