UK newspaper spotlights Vietnam’s emergence in global supply chain Multinationals are looking to set up their bases in Vietnam despite various challenges that the country poses as a manufacturing destination, according to the Financial Times in the UK. According to Financial Times, Vietnam’s labour markets are not as deep as China’s. Industrial park space is in brisk demand, especially around HCM City, where the bulk of Vietnam’s clothing, furniture and other exporters are based. The newspaper, however, noted businesspeople say the Vietnamese market is adjusting to all these difficulties, even amid the pandemic. Many projects to construct industrial parks are on their way. For example, GLP, Asia’s biggest warehouse operator, is developing projects in Hanoi and HCM City, and plans to invest 1.5 billion USD over three years as it promotes its business in Vietnam./. Disbursement of State budget capital in 2020 highest in past decade Latest updates by the General Statistics Office (GSO) show that total social investment in 2020 increased 5.7% year-on-year to over VND2.16 quadrillion (US$93.71 billion at current rate), and equivalent to 34.4% of the GDP. Of the figure, VND729 trillion was sourced from the state sector, up 14.5%; VND972.2 trillion came from the non-state sector, rising by 3.1%; and VND463.3… Read full this story
- Vietnam Business Forum 2019 opens in Hanoi
- State-run Vietnam Rubber Group gets green light to list on HoSE
- Comprehensive solutions needed to keep inflation in Vietnam below 4%: experts
- Vietnam c.bank sets cashless payments as top priority for 2020
- Gold prices in Vietnam slide but further growth expected
- How wide will Vietnam open its petroleum distribution market?
- Foreign investors hope for consistent economic policies in Vietnam
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News - January 6
- No more roadworks after January 10: Hà Nội authorities
- Minister requests saving time, costs for businesses
- Procedures for starting a business to be cut this year
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News - January 8
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 1 have 301 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.