Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Keeping the society safe against pandemics is the best way to ensure each member can fully enjoy their human rights. That was the message from Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh speaking during a High-level Segment of the 46th Regular Session of the United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC) via video conference on February 22. Minh told the event that the COVID-19 pandemic had claimed the lives of millions, affected the well-being of billions around the world, and had strained public health and social security systems of all countries, triggering and exacerbating various human rights challenges. However, “Việt Nam continues to put emphasis on the protection and promotion of all human rights and fundamental freedoms of our people, even in this most difficult of times,” he said, adding that the country had tackled the pandemic head on, putting the people at the centre of all its efforts. Prompt and determined actions had been taken to control outbreaks to protect the health and safety of the people as a matter of top priority. Efforts were also made to maintain economic growth and… Read full this story
- An Iranian ‘human rights’ wrong: Also on board are North Korea and Cuba
- In Arizona, clash over LGBT rights plays out at city level
- El Paso City Council 'denounces' border wall
- Colorado man with Parkinson's pushes for right-to-die law
- Albor Ruiz: Immigration rights advocates call new border patrol amendment 'disturbing'
- A new immigrants' rights campaign calls on New York to end all collaboration with Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Hope Church at ASU expelled from campus religious council
- 3 on council urged harsher Gonzalez sanctions
- OC council unmoved by Deepwater wind farm proposal
- Start your New Year off right! Joy Bauer offers tips on how to eat healthier in 2015
- City Council considers sister city in China, hears from ULA back from D.C.
- De Blasio's 'decades of neglect' dilemma: Blaming predecessors for present ills sets too-high expectations for a turnaround
Việt Nam presents candidature for membership of UN Human Rights Council have 343 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.