Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Việt Nam Lê Thị Thu Hằng during Thursday press briefing held in Hà Nội. — Photo from the ministry HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam on Thursday denounced China's illegal military exercise in the Hoàng Sa (Paracel) archipelago as a serious violation of its sovereignty over the South China Sea Island chain. The spokesperson for the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng made the remarks during a press briefing in Hà Nội, in response to requests for a reaction to the announcement from China's Hainan Province's Department for Ocean Affairs about a June 19 drill in the waters off of Phú Lâm (Woody) Island, part of Hoàng Sa, which Việt Nam claims as its own. The military drill "goes against the spirit of the Declaration of the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC), complicates the situation, is not conducive to the ongoing negotiations between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) on the Code of Conduct in the South China Sea (COC), and does not help the maintenance of peaceful, stable, and cooperative environment in the South China Sea," Hằng said. The spokesperson stressed that… Read full this story
- U.S. Sends Bombers_ Ship To Disputed South China Sea
- China Acts Like It’s ‘Preparing for World War III,’ Chair of Armed Services Committee Says
- China Slams U.S. for Undermining 'Peace' and 'Security,' Calls for End to 'Provocative Actions' in South China Sea
- China is blocking development in South China Sea through coercive means: Mike Pompeo
- China State Media Blames U.S. for Stirring Trouble in Taiwan: 'When the U.S. Calms Down, It Will Calm Down'
- South China Sea outrage: Vietnam launches stunning attack on Beijing as tensions deepen
- China Pushes Ahead With New South China Sea Base Despite Trump Administration's Accusations of 'Illegal Island-Building'
- U.S. Says China's Moves at Sea and World Trade All Support Its 'State National Security'
- Duterte tells China to ‘lay off’ island in disputed waters
- Russia, China and Iran Defend Support for Venezuela, Warn U.S. Cannot Tell Them or Latin America What to Do
- China Eyes Expansion Options
- China Trains for 'Winning Battles' in Taiwan, U.S. Views It As 'Threat'
Việt Nam denounces China's military drill, asserts sovereignty over island chains in South China Sea have 382 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.