Although the dangerous cyclone was upgraded to a Category 2 storm Monday afternoon by the NHC after it reached sustained wind speeds of 100 mph, Hurricane Sally has since been downgraded back to a Category 1 storm, with sustained 85-mph winds. At present, the storm is about 60 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi River and is moving northwestward to the US’ southern coast at a pace of 2 mph. The NHC predicts the cyclone will make landfall somewhere between Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, and Navarre, Florida, late Tuesday into Wednesday. — SV News 🚨 (@SVNewsAlerts) September 15, 2020 The NHC noted in its latest update, “Although little change in strength is forecast until landfall occurs, Sally is still expected to be a dangerous hurricane when it moves onshore along the north-central Gulf coast.” Forecasters have stated that Sally’s hurricane-force winds have extended their reach to some 45 miles from the storm’s center, adding that tropical storm-force winds will be felt up to 125 miles outward. Across the US Gulf Coast, residents may experience a storm surge of anywhere between 1 and 7 feet should the hurricane make landfall at high tide. Though storm surge predictions were eased somewhat… Read full this story
- Hurricane Florence Approaching East Coast: What Do Storm Ratings Really Mean?
- Warning of ‘life threatening’ floods as monsoonal rains drench Queensland
- Raging Hurricane Dorian Makes Landfall in the Bahamas Before Heading for U.S.: 'Please Pray for Us'
- Hurricane Dorian edges 'dangerously close' to Florida after battering Bahamas
- 8-Year-Old Boy Among 5 Killed by Hurricane Dorian as Bahamas Is Battered In 'Historic Tragedy'
- What to expect next from Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane Dorian Lashes Northern Bahamas
- Queensland weather: Flooding hits Brisbane as extreme weather moves south through state
- Tasmania weather: Two elderly people missing amid widespread flooding
- Hurricane Harvey: 1 Reportedly Dead As Harvey Downgraded To Tropical Storm
- Final Hurricane Harvey Stats Quite Mind-Boggling: By The Numbers
- Hurricane Dorian: 'historic tragedy' prompts worldwide call for aid for Bahamas
Videos: ‘Life-Threatening’ Hurricane Sally to Slam US Gulf Coast With ‘Historic Flooding’ have 309 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.