Devika Vaidya, the leg-spinning all-rounder, and Sneh Rana, the off-spinner, have been named as the captains of India A and India B sides for the upcoming Women’s Quadrangular T20 Series, also consisting of Bangladesh and Thailand.
Vaidya has played nine ODIs and one T20I while Rana has represented the country in seven ODIs and five T20Is. Priya Punia, who has composed a couple of ODI fifties in her short career so far, and Madhuri Mehta, who played her only ODI back in 2012, are some of the other members of India A’s set-up. Meanwhile. Nuzhat Parween, the wicketkeeper-bat, is a part of India B’s squad.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 16th January and all the matches will be played in Patna.
India A: Devika Vaidya (c), Priya Punia, Jincy George, Madhuri Mehta, Richa Ghosh, Sushri Dibyadarshini, Komal Zanzad, Manali Dakshini, Meghna Singh, Nikita Chauhan, Bharti Fulmali, R Kalpana (WK), Rashi Kanojia, Renuka Singh, Jasia Akhtar
India B:Sneh Rana (c), Yastika Bhatia, Nuzhat Parween (WK), S Meghana, Tejal Hasabnis, Vrushali Bhagat, Minnu Mani, Monica Patel, Shrayosi Aich, Anjali Sarvani, Simran Dil Bahadhur, Tanuja Kanwar, Kshama Singh, Nupur Kohale, Tanushree Sarkar
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Will the #MeToo movement speed up the number of women in leadership or slow it down?
- Syracuse needs to get the lead out: Jackie Warren-Moore
- 2018 Festival of India
- Annual India Summit to Focus on IoT, Robotics, Smart Cities
- “Not all Women are Democrats”: S.E. Cupp Gets It Right
- Advancing women of color should be a key factor in a company’s strategy
- Why Is North Dakota Torturing Women?
- Jet setter Feng soars into lead at US Women's Open
- Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan lead U.S. Women’s Soccer team over New Zealand, 2-0
- Protection, politics are leading more black women to pick up firearms
- 'I am also a survivor': Aly Raisman leads inspiring 'Glamour' Women of the Year awards
- Arrest of Boko Haram extremists leads to freeing women, children held captive