(CNN)A study by UK epidemiologists predicts that attempts to slow, or mitigate — rather than actively halt, or suppress — the novel coronavirus could overwhelm the number of intensive care hospital beds and lead to about 250,000 deaths in the UK and more than a million in the United States during the course of the current pandemic. The study, which has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal, was released on Monday by London’s Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team, which says it is advising the UK government on its response strategy. The study says it used modeling that has informed the approach of the British government in recent weeks; on Monday, the government abruptly called on vulnerable and elderly Britons to isolate themselves for 12 weeks, and introduced a variety of social distancing and quarantine recommendations that days earlier seemed distant prospects. Also on Monday, President Donald Trump unveiled a 15-day plan to slow new infections in the United States, including more stringent recommendations about staying home and avoiding groups of 10 people or more, among other steps. An author of the study, Imperial College Professor Neil Ferguson, said in an email to CNN on Tuesday the study was given… Read full this story
- The Iron Floor Under UK Property Prices - And When You Should Invest Again
- Bad News for the UK Non Domicile - No Let up by Darling Budget 2008
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- 750 UK Workers Made Redundant By Capital One
- Act Now To Prevent Data Breaches
- Credit Card Debtors Warned Of Tough Times Ahead
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- Characteristics of Hong Kong School Guidance and the Implementation of Comprehensive School Guidance
- Ten Important Lessons From the History of Mergers & Acquisitions
- The MLM Conspiracy
- High Fructose Corn Syrup - Big Business and the Little Man
- Carbon Credits - A New Asset Class
US, UK coronavirus strategies shifted following UK epidemiologists' ominous report have 320 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.