HOUSTON: US energy companies were returning workers and restarting operations at storm-swept production facilities along the US Gulf Coast on Sunday (Oct 11), two days after Hurricane Delta barrelled through the area. Chevron Corp, Royal Dutch Shell and BHP Group were returning workers to production platforms in the US-regulated northern Gulf of Mexico, the companies said. BHP expects to complete the return of workers to its Shenzi and Neptune production platforms on Sunday, spokeswoman Judy Dane said, but resuming flows will depend on how quickly pipelines return to service, she said. It can take several days after a storm passes for energy producers to evaluate facilities for damage, return workers and restore offshore production. The companies that operate oil and gas pipelines and process the offshore output also shut ahead of the storm. Cumulative volumes shut-in by Hurricane Delta through Saturday, according to company reports to the US government, amounted to 7.11 million barrels of oil and 6.62 billion cubic feet of natural gas. The area produces about 17 per cent of total daily US oil production and 5 per cent of daily natural gas production. Still remaining shut are the Calcasieu Waterway in Calcasieu and Cameron Parishes in Louisiana and the ports of… Read full this story
- Energy independence, or impending oil shocks?
- How cognitive tech can help energy companies
- Trump Plans to Lease a Staggering Amount of Alaskan Land to Oil Companies
- Trump Okays New Arctic Oil Exploration In Latest Middle Finger to Obama
- Oil and gas price forecast for 2014
- Why Oil Prices Aren't Going Up Anytime Soon And Why Gas Prices Might
- Oil firm's African solar farm will transmit sub-Med electricity to Italy
- The questionable economics of shale gas
- Energy policy: Follow the money
- As Isaac makes landfall, Gulf oil production stops
- Why energy journalism is so bad
- 2013 oil and gas price forecast update
US energy companies begin restoring oil and gas output after storm exits have 294 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 12, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.