Chảo Thị Yến, a young woman from the Dao Tuyển ethnic minority in northwest Việt Nam has defied challenges to become the first woman from her community to earn a master’s degree abroad through a full-degree scholarship awarded by the European Union. She speaks with Bùi Quỳnh Hoa about her climb out of poverty and into a position to help children from ethnic minority areas across the country through her work with the Centre for People and Nature Reconciliation (PanNature) in Hà Nội. Chảo Thị Yến, a member of the Dao Tuyển ethnic minority from the northwest of Việt Nam, is inspiration to her community because of her efforts to escape from poverty. Photo courtesy of Chảo Thị Yến Inner Sanctum: Could you tell us about yourself? I am Chảo Thị Yến. I come from the Dao Tuyển ethnic minority in Ngám Xá Hamlet, Nậm Chạc Village in Lào Cai Province’s Bát Xát District. At present, I am working as a policy programme assistant at the Center for People and Nature Reconciliation (PanNature). Inner Sanctum: What challenges did you face in your childhood? Well, like most children in remote areas, we lived under poverty. We didn’t have enough rice for meals all year-round…. Read full this story
- UNESCO to award Costa Rica, Spain 2019 Prize for Girls' and Women's Education
- Award ceremony for 3rd UNESCO Prize for Girls' and Women's Education held in Paris
- My administration in a hurry to educate our people- GOV. Sule
- College girl from Jharkhand’s Palamu wins Rs 25 lakh in KBC
- Professor Files Civil Rights Complaint Against Black Girls CODE, Claiming it Discriminates Against White Men
- Rajasthan government seeks mid-day meal also for Class 9 to 12 girls
- JEE Advanced: Why there are still fewer girls in IITs?
- 3 KCSE candidates kicked out of Moi Girls' in Eldoret
- UNICEF to support Nigeria in education, health, sanitation sectors
- ‘Accessing internet a part of right to education’: Kerala HC strikes down mobile ban in college hostel
- World Teachers' Day 2019: Theme Honors Teachers' Accomplishment, Highlights Education Needs
- Kerala, Chandigarh top NITI Aayog’s school education quality index
Upland girl overcomes mountains to pursue education have 373 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.