0 Post a comment Thursday, 19 September 2019 – Business by The iomtoday newsdesk – Reporter [email protected] Up to 80 staff at PokerStars in the island have been told their jobs are potentially at risk, iomtoday has learned. But the e-gaming giant says it is committed to retaining the island as a ‘critical operational hub’.We broke the news yesterday that PokerStars had told staff that it would be making redundancies in the island, citing ‘headwinds over the last year, including disruptions in our key markets’.Staff were informed of jobs losses at a meeting yesterday afternoon.It is understood that 80 people in the Isle of Man have been given notice that their job is potentially at risk, with 10 to go this year and others to follow over the next 18 to 24 months.PokerStars, part of the Stars Group, employs some 450 people in the island at two sites – its headquarters at Onchan Head which it bought in 2012 and its office in Quay West on Bridge Road in Douglas, which opened in 2017.The company declined to comment on the number of jobs at risk.Canadian parent The Stars Group has licences or related approvals to operate in 19 jurisdictions.In November… Read full this story
- Would you take a DNA test to determine your dementia risk like Flora Gill, who was devastated by the result? asks DR MICHAEL MOSLEY
- Clarks axes 170 jobs just weeks before Christmas amid store closure warnings
- Women are twice as likely to lose their jobs to robots as men are, alarming new report reveals
- Are your dogs safe? These are the breeds most at risk from bushfire smoke as 80 blazes continue to burn across New South Wales
- 'Channel 4 want a younger presentation team, so I had to go': Peter Purves, 80, tells GMB he was 'stunned' to lose Crufts presenting role after 41 years as Piers Morgan launches a campaign to keep him on the dog show coverage
- Former midwife, 80, who had dementia died after suffering 25 falls at council care home that staff blamed on ATTENTION SEEKING
- Labour unveils blueprint to revive steel industry and save 80,000 jobs
- Chief executive of NHS trust quits her £300,000-a-year job in a honest letter to staff complaining that 'life is just too short'
- Want to cut risk and tax without compromising on returns? Try balanced MFs
- What Do AI and Automation Changes Mean for Your Job?
- Auto component industry turnover dips 10% in April-September; 1 lakh temporary workers lose jobs
- A wealth-creation idea whose time has come: credit risk fund
Up to 80 jobs at risk at PokerStars have 412 words, post on www.iomtoday.co.im at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.