BBC Weather issues warning for floods across parts of Europe Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Overnight, an evacuation operation was launched in Hawick, Scotland, due to the torrential rain. The rising water levels caused the Teviot river to burst its banks – and police declared a “major incident”. Residents were warned to prepare to flee at short notice amid fears that up to 500 properties could be under threat. Related articles UK floods: Road bridges washed away as month’s worth of rain fall UK storm forecast: Brutal Atlantic jetstream to dump 5ins of rain The river running through the Dumfries has broken its banks (Image: DAILYRECORD/WXCHARTS) Network Rail closed the railway line between Dumfries and Carlisle last night after two road bridges were washed away on the river Annan, north of the railway. Meanwhile, there has been chaos after the River Nith, which runs through Dumfries, burst… Read full this story
- UK flood map: Latest alerts as Sheffield, Rotherham and other areas affected
- RED ALERT issued across Europe as heavy snow continues while a 16-year-old German-Australian boy is killed in an avalanche while skiing with his parents in Austria
- Meghan and Harry’s aides warned ‘discuss issues behind closed doors’ after ‘modernising monarchy’ claim
- Is the Vallejo Fire Contained? Water Emergency Declared after PG&E Power Shut Off, Air Quality Alert Issued as California Fires Force Evacuations
- Many coastal properties may be flooded out by 2045, climate report warns
- UK weather: Homes flooded and drivers trapped after one month's rain in 24 hours
- UK weather: Drivers trapped in flooded cars rescued in torrential rain chaos
- UK weather forecast: Met Office warning as POLAR VORTEX snow bomb buries Britain – see where with our maps
- Has Lorenzo hit the UK and what’s the weather forecast?
- UK weather forecast: 'Scandinavian chill' to grip Bonfire Night before snow hits
- UK weather forecast – 35 homes evacuated following MUDSLIDE and Christmas shoppers trapped after river bursts its banks
- Britain braces for ANOTHER deluge today when two weeks' rain batters UK in just three hours as floods spread to North West - after major incident is declared with families evacuated from homes
UK floods: Hundreds evacuated as entire town UNDERWATER – warnings and alerts issued have 398 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 29, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.