THE horrors of the Middle East came a whole lot closer to home last week.The sight of poor David Haines, a Scottish aid worker, on his knees with aHis parents, pensioners Herbert and Mary Haines, have been suffering inThey knew their son had been kidnapped but dared not let the news becomeThe last time they saw their boy, they waved him off on his travels. Such aBut while we keep the Haines family in our thoughts, let’s have sympathy tooAnother Scottish couple who’ve lost a child to IS, but in a wholly differentShe travelled through Turkey to Syria, where she’s believed to have married anLike the Haines, the Mahmoods are desperately worried about their child.The difference is, of course, she’s chosen to put them in that position.The twisted messages Aqsa sent back, urging British Muslims to bring the warA dark place, in the recesses of the internet, where she taught herself aThey must feel so confused and ashamed. But they deserve sympathy, not scorn.Aqsa Mahmood has brought a world of trouble upon herself and a world of painPerhaps she’s enjoying her new life, it’s a long way from Glasgow, after all.There will be blood and pain and death and tears.And… Read full this story
- Ecuador 'victim' of coronavirus wakes up from coma to find medics told her family she was dead and they had cremated another body thinking it was her
- Australian truck driver charged in crash that killed four police officers and left nation reeling
- Toddler left traumatised after thug claims he 'has coronavirus' and wipes spit on her face
- More British families tell how their children have suffered tell-tale symptoms of 'inflammatory syndrome' linked to COVID-19 as officials investigate mysterious spike in number of youngsters being admitted to intensive care with serious condition
- Pregnant Rochelle Humes is joined by cute daughters Alaia and Valentina for a family Pilates class after battling intense morning sickness
- DR ELLIE CANNON: The £20 gadget no family should be without during the coronavirus pandemic
- Angrezi Medium Producer Dinesh Vijan To Financially Support Irrfan Khan's Family
- Gordon Ramsay's son Oscar, 13 months, suffers a hilarious fall during the family's beachside stroll... amid backlash for flouting lockdown rules
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside Richard Pusey's eight-month reign of terror over a woman suffering CANCER and her tradie husband - who says the Porsche driver is an 'angry man' because he 'got teased as a child over his name'
- Mum and daughter suffer horrific burns all over their bodies when gas grill explodes at friend’s BBQ
- Mother, 28, admits she feared she would kill her baby while in the grips of postpartum psychosis that left her plagued with hallucinations of talking to God and being hypnotised by Derren Brown
- Forgotten victims of the Titanic: Widows of crewmen lost in the 1912 disaster were left battling grief and penury... now one writer has traced her own great grandmother's moving story of heartbreak and survival
Two families left to suffer at the hands of IS have 482 words, post on www.thesun.ie at September 7, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.