Twitter censored the US President’s tweet about the unrest in Minneapolis on Friday, saying it broke the platform’s rules around “glorifying violence”. The tweet can now only be read after a user clicks through a disclaimer, which says: “This tweet violated the Twitter rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the tweet to remain accessible.” Twitter said it added the warning “in the interest of preventing others from being inspired to commit violent acts”. People would still be able to retweet the message if they added their own comment, but they would not be able to like it or add a reply, it said. Hours later, the White House’s official Twitter account attempted to share the exact same wording used by Mr Trump, but failed. Twitter swiftly hid the tweet for breaking the same rules. “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” https://t.co/GDwAydcAOw— The White House (@WhiteHouse)… Read full this story
- It's Hard to Know Which of These Insane White House Defenses of Donald Trump Is the Worst
- Sean Hannity just posted a totally unhinged white supremacist meme of Donald Trump
- White House Staffers Thankful Florida School Shooting Gave Them a Break From Their Own Scandals
- Hillary Clinton spokesman tweets at Donald Trump: 'Go f**k yourself'
- Beverly Man Will Plead Guilty To Sending White Powder, Threats To Donald Trump Jr.
- David Duke, infamous white supremacist, really loved Donald Trump's speech
- White House Staff Frantically Shredding Trump Campaign Aides
- More than one-third of House Democrats boycott Donald Trump's inauguration
- White House to automakers: Back Trump emissions plan or face costly Calif. rules
- White House Condemns Ruling on Trump's 'Dreamers' Program
- The White House Is Now Describing Trump's Wall as a Fence
- New White House Report Hints That Trump Wants To Move On From Battle Over Health Law
Twitter censors White House tweet re-sharing Donald Trump’s ‘shooting’ message have 360 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.