By The Washington Post | PUBLISHED: February 27, 2019 at 8:19 pm | UPDATED: February 27, 2019 at 8:59 pm By David Nakamura and Simon Denyer | The Washington Post HANOI, Vietnam – President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un downplayed expectations of a deal to dismantle that country’s nuclear weapons Thursday, as they kicked off the second day of a two-day summit here. Sitting beside Kim on Thursday morning, Trump said the pair had enjoyed very good discussions over dinner the night before, with “a lot of great ideas being thrown about,” adding that “importantly, I think the relationship is, you know, just very strong.” “And when you have a good relationship, a lot of good things happen. So, I can’t speak necessarily for today, but I can say this that, a little bit longer-term, and over a period of time, I know we’re going to have a fantastic success with respect to Chairman Kim and North Korea.” Trump repeatedly stressed there was “no rush” to make a deal. “Chairman Kim and myself, we want to do the right deal. Speed is not important,” he said. Asked if he was confident the pair would reach a… Read full this story
- Trump threatens North Korea and slams three past presidents in less than 140 characters
- At historic Koreas summit, "sincere, candid" talks on denuclearization
- After historic meeting, Trump declares: "KOREAN WAR TO END!"
- Donald Trump says US has held direct talks with North Korea at ‘extremely high levels’
- Satellite pics ‘show North Korea has built a massive statue at Kim Jong-un’s nuke testing site’
- Trump Sees 'New Future' for North Korea, But Path Unclear
- Freed Detainees Head Home for Big Welcome, Featuring Trump
- What are Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un discussing at the Vietnam summit and have they reached an agreement?
- [NATL Analysis: What to Look for at US-North Korea Summit
- Trump deserves credit for North-South Korea summit, experts say
- Kim Jong Un went off script during his meeting with the South Korean president — and that could have big implications for Trump
- Labour MP reveals he met North Korean dictator in bizarre conference encounter 35 years BEFORE historic Trump summit
Trump: ‘No rush’ for deal with N. Korea; Kim hints at willingness to denuclearize have 348 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.