(CNN)Donald Trump is seeking to survive impeachment the same way he built his powerful presidency — by assaulting facts and seeking to expand the limitations of the office he is accused of abusing. On the day that Democrats proposed two articles of impeachment against him, the President and his courtiers laid down a fresh fog to obscure the evidence that incriminates him. The President also issued a mocking defense of his conduct at a rally Hershey, Pennsylvania, Tuesday night — arguing that the charges that he abused power and obstructed Congress are “not even a crime.” “Everyone said this is impeachment-lite. This is the lightest impeachment in the history of our country, by far. It’s not even like an impeachment,” Trump said. Read: The most important documents related to the Trump impeachment inquiry Attorney General William Barr meanwhile reprised his role spinning his boss out of trouble, dismissing his own department’s watchdog report that debunked Trump’s repeated claim that a “Deep State” coup tried to bring him down. Barr also breathed fresh life into another of Trump’s conspiracy theories — that the FBI’s Russia investigation was unjustified and rooted in political bias by Obama administration officials. Read More “I think… Read full this story
- 5 Reasons I Hope Donald Trump Doesn’t Get Impeached
- As Democrats Gun for Trump Impeachment, Republicans Gird for Battle Nationwide
- Exclusive — Kevin McCarthy on Impeachment: Democrats Have ‘Lost Their Minds,’ Move ‘Will Backfire on them in 2020’
- Fellow Republicans, please take the impeachment inquiry seriously
- Opinion: Fellow Republicans, please take the impeachment inquiry seriously
- Triumph over top terrorist interrupts impeachment crisis engulfing Trump
- What a Trump victory really means: America can now see its own ugliness
- How to protect your First Amendment rights under Trump
- CNN Uses Fact Check as Vehicle for Another Smear of President Trump
- Donald Trump, Racist-in-Chief: Here Are the 10 Most Racist Things He’s Done So Far
- Trump wants to deport millions of Americans. Here's how we can stop him.
- How to keep up the fight for racial justice in a Trump era
Trump assaults facts to survive impeachment have 334 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.