MIAMI, FL — Tropical Storm Josephine formed over the Atlantic Thursday to become the 10th named storm of the season though the storm does not appear to be a threat to the United States. The National Hurricane Center said Josephine was located about 975 miles east-southeast of the northern Leeward Islands with maximum sustained winds of 45 mph as of 11 a.m. Thursday. “Josephine is moving toward the west-northwest near 15 mph … and this general motion is expected to continue for the next few days followed by a turn toward the northwest late this weekend or early next week,” the National Hurricane Center said. Don’t miss 2020 hurricane updates in Florida as they are announced. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters. Weather researchers predict the 2020 Atlantic hurricane system will be “extremely active” with the potential to be one for the record books. See related: 2020 Hurricane Season May Bring Record Number Of Storms2020 Hurricane Season Brings Uncertainty, Sleepless NightsAn average season produces 12 named storms, including six hurricanes of which three become major Category 3 storms or above with top winds of at least 111 mph. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said in its updated… Read full this story
- Intensifying tropical storm bearing down on Pacific islands
- When Does Hurricane Season 2018 Start? Storm Categories, Predictions
- 2nd massive storm in two weeks hits North Atlantic and Western Europe
- Hurricane Florence Tracker, Live Updates Friday: Major Damage, 300,000 Without Power, 10-Foot Storm Surges, People Await Rescue
- Hurricane Irma Is Stronger Than All of 2017’s Other Eight Atlantic Storms Combined
- Hurricane Irma: A Practically Impossible Storm
- Weekend weather: Temperatures set to plummet in south east as cyclone form off Queensland
- Storm names 2020: What is the next storm to hit the UK?
- Inside Kelly Brook and Jeremy Parisi's romantic Maldives holiday: Couple unwind in luxury £1,900 per night over water villa on tropical island
- The Latest: Trump approves federal declaration due to Barry
- Hurricane Florence Red Cross Shelter Locations, Evacuation Zones for Florence, Charlotte, North, South Carolina
- Tail-end of Hurricane Lorenzo is set to bring gale-force winds and more heavy rain to Britain this evening after temperatures plunged to -2.7C overnight
Tropical Storm Josephine Forms In Atlantic have 342 words, post on patch.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.