A tropical pressure in the East Sea has developed into a storm, with it set to be the first storm to hit Vietnam this year. It is likely to impact the Central Highlands and southern regions of Vietnam.According to the National Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting, by 7am on January 3, tropical storm Bolaven was centred at about 10.6 degrees north latitude and 116.0 degrees east longitude, about 210km from Song Tu Tay island of Truong Sa archipelago, with winds of up to 60-75km per hour.In the next 24 hours, the storm is forecast to move the west-northwest at a speed of 25 km per hour.By 7am on January 4, it is predicted to be at 11.1 degrees north latitude and 111.0 degrees east longitude, about 250km from the eastern coasts of the central provinces of Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan, with wind speeds between 60-75km per hour.In the next 24 – 48 hours, the storm will keep moving to the west-northwest at a speed of 20km per hour and weaken into a tropical low pressure. Central Highlands and Southern localities have been directed to take measures to cope with the storm.They have been asked to monitor the movements of storm, thus… Read full this story
- Tropical Storm Hermine Is Gaining Strength As It Heads Toward Florida — and It Will Have Enough Left Over to Ruin Part of Your Labor Day Weekend
- Is Thailand safe for travel? Latest Foreign Office travel advice as Storm Pabuk hits
- Tropical Storm Humberto lashes Bahamas, U.N. chief views devastation from Dorian
- Tropical Storm Imelda: two dead and more than 1,000 rescued as floods hit Texas
- Tropical cyclone bears down on Bahamas, U.N. pledges aid
- When was Hurricane Irma, how badly was Anguilla damaged and what other countries were affected by the storm?
- Cyclone season takes toll on northern WA as yet another tropical low looms
- Rising Storm is free for keepsies right now
- Drunk driver causes $500K of damage crashing into 'historic' helicopter that flew in Vietnam and Desert Storm and was put on display by veteran's charity
- Trump rips Puerto Rico as 'corrupt' as storm approaches
- Facebook supports natural disaster response in Vietnam
- Cold spell hits northern, central regions
Tropical storm Bolaven to hit Vietnam have 352 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at January 3, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.