Increasingly, the People’s Republic of China is more energetic as a builder of world peace, a contributor to global development and a defender of the international order. For decades, China has been committed to co-development with other nations through trade and mutually beneficial civilian projects in its peaceful rise, instead of fighting in others’ lands like how some hegemonic power has been doing year in, year out. For generations, China has promised not to seek hegemony and kept to the words of its leaders, from late Chairman Mao Zedong to late leader Deng Xiaoping, and further to current leader Xi Jinping. China does not have any intention of fighting either a cold war or a hot war, with any country, President Xi said in his statement at the General Debate of the 75th Session of the United Nations General Assembly on Sept 22. “China is the largest developing country in the world, a country that is committed to peaceful, open, cooperative and common development,” Xi said. His words highlight the Chinese will to support multilateralism and safeguard the international system with the United Nations at its core, a global order that China helped create from the birth of the UN… Read full this story
- 'Taiwan independence' will never be allowed: Spokesman
- 'I'm trapped inside with my fiancé who I don't love anymore during lockdown'
- Commentary: China boosts national pride in coronavirus fight, but not to export "Chinese model"
- Documents raised questions about FBI handling of Michael Flynn case
- Coronavirus live updates: Fauci warns of triggering ‘outbreak you might not be able to control’
- Coronavirus live updates: Alameda County to Tesla — shut down the Fremont plant
- Coronavirus live updates: Pharmacies can conduct COVID-19 testing, Newsom says
- These are the best cheap external hard drive deals for May 2020
- The staggering rise of India’s super-rich
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by The American Investment Council - Pelosi touts $3T bill as Fauci stresses go-slow openings
- The best Nintendo Switch games (May 2020)
- Coronavirus: Pandemic slowing in Europe, WHO says
Trend toward peace, development must continue have 330 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at October 22, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.