A coconut orchard in Trà Vinh Province's Càng Long District. – VNA/VNS Photo Thanh Hoà TRÀ VINH – Authorities in Trà Vinh Province are trying to link up companies and farmers growing organic coconuts for mutual benefit. The companies can ensure they get a steady supply of organic coconuts for processing and farmers are guaranteed outlets and incomes. The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province is the country's second largest coconut producer after its neighbour Bến Tre. It has more than 23,600ha under coconut and an annual output of 250 million nuts, according to its Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. The department is encouraging companies to link up with farmers to expand organic coconut growing areas and make products from the nuts. Lâm Hữu Phúc, deputy director of the province Department of Planning and Investment, said Trà Vinh had implemented promotional activities to attract investment by coconut companies in Bến Tre to expand organic coconut farming and processing. Some companies are already in the process of tying up with organic coconut farmers in Trà Vinh. The Bến Tre Import and Export Joint Stock Corporation has, for instance, contracted farmers with 1,383ha of coconuts that meet international standards in Càng Long… Read full this story
- Tra Vinh to grow high-value crops on low-yield rice fields
- Off the beaten track in charming Tra Vinh
- Tra Vinh takes measures to deal with drought, saltwater intrusion
- The race to complete Korea-Tra Vinh Wind Farm
- The race to complete the Korea-Tra Vinh wind power plant
- Vinh Hung Construction Company wins the award 'ASEAN Enterprises 2020'
- Farmers benefiting from PPP solutions
- Tra Que veggie village a green gem of Hoi An
- Masan High-Tech Materials helps farmers adopt VietGAP tea farming models
- FrieslandCampina’s call to action for development drive
- Indian farmers are right to be outraged
- How India farmer protests could take a toll on the economy
Trà Vinh develops linkages between organic coconut farmers, companies have 311 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 23, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.