Nguyễn Văn Hòa, a Tiền Giang Province farmer honoured for excellence in growing and selling agricultural produce, tends his jackfruit orchard in Cai Lậy District. — VNA/VNS Photo Minh Trí TIỀN GIANG — The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province of Tiền Giang is seeking to expand the areas under various fruits to help increase farmers' incomes and exports. The country's largest fruit-growing province has 14,000ha under durian in Cai Lậy and Cái Bè districts and Cai Lậy Town, 9,000ha under dragon fruit in Chợ Gạo District and 16,000ha of pineapple in Tân Phước District. It is encouraging farmers to expand cultivation of certain fruits in coastal areas and unproductive rice fields and along canals, according to its Department of Agriculture and Rural Area. Farmers are encouraged to use advanced techniques to increase yield, quality and output. The province plans to set up more co-operatives and co-operative groups to link farmers together and with companies to develop value chains and ensure the former have reliable outlets. Nguyễn Văn Mẫn, director of the department, said to meet market requirements, the department plans to teach farmers techniques for growing fruits to Vietnamese and global good agricultural practices (VietGAP and GlobalGAP) standards. This would help them grow… Read full this story
- Humber Street Sesh to expand for 2018
- Marrone Bio Innovations Expands Sales Team and Establishes New Sales Territory
- Bay Area’s best specialty grocery stores
- Efforts to meet energy needs bearing fruit
- Feeding the future: test tube trees, robots picking fruit and burgers made without cows
- Veggies take center plate as healthy fast food chains expand
- Tacos and Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo — the best in the Long Beach area
- Ships still ‘grounded’ on lifeline canal in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta despite $35mn upgrade
- Purple Heart wines salute military veterans
- President of India Addresses the National Technology Day Celebrations
- In Vietnam, orphans thrive with help from San Jose nonprofit
- Jerald Horrocks built a small farm market near Lansing in 1959. The rest is history.
Tiền Giang expands area under fruits have 340 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 12, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.