Yeouiseo-ro behind the National Assembly in Yeouido, western Seoul, one of the most popular places for people to visit to enjoy cherry blossoms in full bloom each spring, is closed until April 10 for pedestrians and until April 11 for cars. The move is to prevent any further spread of the coronavirus. [NEWS1]Any plans you may have had to go out and see colorful flowers in full bloom while enjoying a warm spring breeze will have to wait until next year. As the global coronavirus outbreak has introduced social distancing into the world’s vocabulary, large gatherings such as concerts, sporting events and festivals nationwide have been canceled to prevent the spread. After weeks of sticking close to home, people are naturally eager to get out, enjoy the warmer temperatures and admire the beauty of spring as they do every year. Taking a stroll among the cherry blossoms is an annual traditional for many, and over one million people gathered in Yeouido, western Seoul, last week to enjoy the scene. As some areas attract large amounts of people every year, some grow wary about whether it would be safe to go during a global pandemic. After the cancelation of the Jinhae… Read full this story
- K-Pop Pick Of The Day: Cherry Blossom Ending
- Legoland Japan's Cherry Blossom Tree Is Nearly As Pretty As A Real One
- Japanese cherry blossom exhibition to be held in Hai Phong
- Hanoi cherry blossom festival to be held in March
- Hakone's Evening Cherry Blossom Viewings Extended to April 6
- What Quick Spreading Virus Relied On Recipients’ Curiosity To Propagate?
- STDs increase in Michigan, regular testing urged to prevent spread of diseases
- Lack of cooperation prevents spread of non-cash payments
- Google will end a practice that prevents their workers from taking the company to court over workplace disputes
- More Japanese cherry trees planted in Hanoi
- Vietnam could benefit from world-class festivals like Carnival Halong
- Yen Tu spring festival lures visitors
This spring, an unexpected cherry blossom ending: Festivals nationwide have shuttered to prevent spread of virus have 325 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.