Many 16-year-old students in Singapore find themselves asking the same question: "What am I going to do after secondary school?" As others struggled to find the answer, Ian Tan Jun Yong had already made a decision. "I see myself as someone who is compassionate and someone who genuinely enjoys helping people around me. With that, I have always wanted to study something that revolved around care and hospitality." Tan's interest was fueled even further when his grandfather was hospitalised. "When I went to visit him with my family, I was really impressed and inspired by the hospitality shown by the hospital staff," the now 19-year-old told Mothership . This affirmed his passion and interest in healthcare. As he learnt more about the healthcare industry, Tan found himself more inclined towards community care. "I decided that I wanted to focus more on helping and caring for people who were suffering so much that they are not even able to leave their homes to seek medical care," Tan said. With a clearer idea of where he wanted to go, Tan began searching for the right polytechnic course. He came across the Diploma in Health Services Management in a Republic Polytechnic (RP) course… Read full this story
- RPS Interview: Al Lowe
- The RPS Verdict
- Interview: Tim Schafer On Kickstarter, Passion And Dads
- The Escapists Early Access review
- The RPS Verdict: Invisible, Inc.
- Here are my impressions of Infinifactory, please trust them
- Apple Watch ECG feature that spots deadly heart condition arrives in UK – and doctors say it could save your life
- RPS Interview: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- The Amazing & Astonishing RPS Advent Calendar: Day 10
- Hitman Season One: RPS discusses favourite levels and what we want from season two
- Spot On: 15 years of Warcraft
- The RPS Advent Calendar, Dec 18th: Her Story
This RP student followed his passion & secured a spot in his desired course via Early Admissions Exercise. Here’s how. have 299 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.