Mr Whipple had been hoping to demonstrate the high levels of preservatives in fast food. But he could not have imagined his experiment to go quite so well. He bought the hamburger from a McDonald’s outlet way back in 1999, originally planning to keep it for a month to show friends the worrying power of preservatives. But he forgot about it, finding it two years later in an old coat pocket. He then decided to continue the experiment, but admits even he was amazed that, 14 years on, the hamburger remains unchanged. It has no signs of mould, fungus or even a strange odour. The only thing that has changed over the years is that the pickle has disintegrated. McDonald’s burgerSource:No Source Mr Whipple, from Utah, explained that he never meant the experiment to last this long. “It wasn’t on purpose,” he told TV show The Doctors. “I was showing some people how enzymes work and I thought a hamburger would be a good idea. And I used it for a month and then I forgot about it. It ended up in a paper sack with the receipt in my coat pocket tossed in the back of my truck and… Read full this story
- Remains of bread baked 14,400 years ago found in Jordan
- He needed a kidney. A classmate from 50 years ago whom he barely knew answered the call
- “Health board managers cancelled my life-saving treatment a year ago. It is a pity no one told me.”
- 15 Years Ago, 'Daredevil' Celebrated Valentine's Day With the Least Sexy Fight Scene Ever
- A Year Ago: Cybergang 'Gunmen' aim for media
- Walk on the Beach 13,000 Years Ago Becomes Huge Archaeological Discovery
- Teenager, 18, charged with murder of 14-year-old Jaden Moodie who was knocked off moped and stabbed to death in East London
- Meet Sydney Wilson, the 14-Year-Old Who Just Became the Youngest Student to Attend Spelman College
- VMWare looks ahead at Microsoft, year-end financials and morale
- A Year Ago: Bookmark this!
- Drinking Every Day Might Knock Years Off Your Life, New Study Says
- 40 Years Ago, Grete Waitz Changed Women’s Running in NYC
This McDonald's burger looks the same as the day it was cooked... 14 years ago have 344 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 24, 2013. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.