There’s a direct correlation between education and income. The median weekly wage for someone without a high school diploma is less than $600, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), while those with a doctoral degree earn $1,883. Every degree level up the scale from high school diploma to a PhD comes with a larger median salary, but there are plenty of jobs out there with no educational barriers. Some are entry-level positions that involve long hours, grueling work, dangerous or at least dreary conditions, low pay, and very little room for career advancement. Others are stepping-stone jobs that pay a subsistence wage but can quickly lead to better positions. Others are real careers unto themselves, offering a living wage and then some. Nearly one in 10 of the jobs on this list pay more than the average annual wage across all jobs. The average annual wage for all workers in the United States is $53,490. Stacker used data from the 2019 edition of the BLS’ Occupational Outlook Handbook , updated in April 2020, to compile a list of 94 jobs that do not have formal education requirements. These jobs are ranked by their average annual income, and ties… Read full this story
- Teenagers shouldn't be lured into studying maths and science A-levels just for high-paying jobs, warns headmistress of £20,000-a-year private girls' school
- These Are the Highest Paying College Majors
- The 10 Highest-Paying IT Certifications of 2019
- The highest and lowest paid jobs 2019 – is yours on the list?
- Jobs in Indian Railways: 10th pass can apply for vacancies in North, North Eastern Railways
- Nearly half of adults don’t pay income tax, HMRC data shows
- What is the gender pay gap, where do statistics come from and is it illegal to pay women less than men?
- Take a loan: don’t pay renters’ deposits alone
- Tech helping fuel S.F.’s growing gender pay gap
- Revealed: The FULL list of six-figure salary jobs that Australians don't want – and why more than HALF of the vacancies are unfilled
- German bureaucracy keeps refugees out of job market, report finds
- Choosing a career? These jobs won't go out of style
These Are the Highest-Paying Jobs That Don't Require a Degree have 342 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.