(CNN)Julien Cooper remembers the flames licking his property in 1980 when a devastating wildfire destroyed his neighborhood in San Bernardino, California. All but a few houses burned in that fire — including his parents’ and the neighbor’s. Now, another blaze is wreaking havoc in the area, bringing back traumatic memories. Cooper, 53, who still lives in the same house with his 80-year-old father Roland, told CNN he was asleep early Thursday when he heard his phone ringing at 2:30 a.m. California wildfires: Homes burn in San Bernardino, and strong winds threaten to stoke other blazes Read More “Next thing I know, I wake up and smell smoke in the house,” he told CNN. “Ten seconds later, I hear the doorbell and I already know what it is since we had a fire a week ago.” “It was the neighbor saying that there was a fire in the field.” At the time, his neighbor’s house wasn’t even touched by the flames. So Cooper grabbed his dad and his dog, and crossed the street to help the neighbor’s elderly mother evacuate. Yet another fire broke out in California this morning as firefighters continue to battle blazes across the state Once in a… Read full this story
- Remembering Those Lost In Wine Country Wildfires
- ‘I’m gonna die’: Camp Fire evacuees took refuge in stream, others didn’t survive
- Wildfire ‘Like A Nuclear Blast’ Kills Mendocino Boy, Severely Burns Family
- Inside the Midwest Wildfires That Burned Cattle Alive
- Sydney Choked in Smoke as Wildfires Rage in New South Wales
- 'The neighborhood is gone,' Santa Rosa resident says after wildfire destroyed his home
- People and Dogs Unite to Save Koalas From Australia's Horrific Bush Fires
- Legendary political journalist Chris Moncrieff after whom the press bar at the House of Commons is now named dies in hospital aged 88
- Wife who 'shushed' her husband and told him to 'zip it' as they discussed buying a house on Save Well, Spend Better is branded 'plain abusive' by viewers
- PETER HITCHENS: Let's save the monarchy... by getting rid of the Royals
- How do you fight extreme wildfires?
- Koala rescued from flames of Australia wildfire, badly burned as blazes rage across country
Their house barely survived a 1980 wildfire. Now, firefighters are trying to save it from another one have 358 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.