Stunning pictures comparing Australian life in 2019 to the upheaval caused by the coronavirus pandemic show why 2020 will go down in history as one of the most unforgettable years in decades – for all the wrong reasons. Many of the freedoms Australians enjoy were taken away when Covid-19 began sweeping through the nation in March. Shops, cafes, restaurants, gyms and pubs were shut. Overseas travel was banned. Streets were empty. Social distancing was strictly enforced and crossing state borders became impossible. P2 face masks protecting us from bushfire smoke were quickly swapped out and replaced with surgical masks to help us stop the spread. The unprecedented health crisis has so far claimed the lives of 908 Australians, with more than 28,000 infections reported across the country. But there are glimmers of hope as the new year dawns. The government remains positive millions of coronavirus vaccines will hit Australia’s shores next year, with frontline workers and the most vulnerable at the front of the queue for the jab. A prospective travel bubble with New Zealand is also on the cards for the beginning of the year. Here, Daily Mail Australia looks back on 2020 – a year like no other. … Read full this story
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson blames Chinese for coronavirus pandemic telling world leaders it was triggered by 'demented' people who 'grind up the scales of a pangolin' in bid to become more 'potent'
- Australian Survivor's next season could film in Queensland as Channel 10 works on ways to bring the show back amid the coronavirus pandemic
- India took ‘very decisive’ steps to deal with coronavirus pandemic and its economic consequences: IMF chief
- India took 'very decisive' steps to deal with coronavirus pandemic and its economic consequences: IMF chief
- The Preexisting Conditions of the Coronavirus Pandemic
- GOP sources say there is a 'better than 50/50' chance Mitch McConnell votes to convict Trump in impeachment trial because he 'wants him purged from the GOP' - as Liz Cheney says she wants president removed
- WHO team arrives in Wuhan to search for the origins of the coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus | Pandemic underlined need for higher budget allocation for healthcare sector
- It’s A Sin’s Russell T Davies issues stark warning about spread of HIV – comparing it to coronavirus pandemic
- RUTH SUNDERLAND: There's hope this house price boom may be far from over
- Rapper Bow Wow defends himself against criticism for packed club performance amid coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus pandemic underlined need for higher budget allocation for healthcare sector
The year from hell: Before and after pictures show how the coronavirus pandemic changed the fabric of Australian life - but there's a glimmer of hope for a better 2021 have 400 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.