On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Việt Nam People’s Army on December 22, Bùi Quỳnh Hoa spends the day at the Central Military Hospital 108’s Centre for Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery to understand more about the army doctors’ intelligence and devotion. PAINSTAKING: Dr Nguyễn Quang Đức (first left) performs reconstructive microsurgery at the Centre for Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery. Photos courtesy of Nguyễn Quang Đức We started the day at 7am. I met Dr Nguyễn Quang Đức and other doctors and accompanied them on their rounds. Around us were patients suffering from facial trauma, giant tumours, cancer and congenital anomalies. Just 30 minutes later it was time for a briefing. The doctors sat around a big table and discussed their patients case by case and any developments from the previous evening. Behind us were young students from the Hà Nội Medical University and the Military Medical University. Đức told me his first reconstructive microsurgery would start at 8.30am as we went up to the operating theatre on the sixth floor, which is considered the biggest operating centre in Việt Nam with 50 rooms equipped with advanced equipment imported from Europe. Anaesthetists started the procedure, as Đức, the head surgeon, directed his team of six. DELICATE: Microsurgical reconstruction is typically… Read full this story
- World's biggest hidden health crisis
- Does reading fiction make us better people?
- China plans to make Shenzhen a 'better place' than Hong Kong
- Making a better Peterborough tomorrow
- Snakebites declared world’s biggest hidden health crisis
- The only place to put your sat nav and not break the law
- Hollyoaks actor placed in coma after collapsing in LA
- Couple saved £44k in less than a year and now travel the world
- Tattoos and piercings in shops need better infection protection
- Is the world full, nearly full
- Review: A place to stay for a slice of beauitiful countryside
- Mum reveals how she manages to make £1million through Ebay
The one who makes the world a better place have 331 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.